Environmental management system (EMS) to the ISO 14001 standard are becoming an increasingly useful way for organisations to demonstrate to their stakeholders their commitment to good environmental practice.
Our philosophy is to ensure that an EMS serves the needs of the organisation and adds value to the business. Experience shows that most organisations have existing skills and procedures to meet many of the requirements, we identify these and build on them.
Many organisations think that implementing an EMS is a mysterious and complicated process. It should not be. These are the steps we take to designing and implementing your EMS.
Identify the legislation that applies to your business and how you currently comply.
Identify the the environmental aspects of your business, such as energy, waste, raw materials etc., assess their significance and the level of control you have on these aspects.
Formulate a Policy Statement.
Identify the objectives for improvement in environmental performance.
Identify the responsibilites for complying with legislation and reaching objectives.
Where procedures are critical for complying with legislation or reaching objectives, document the procedures.
Audit the procedures to ensure compliance and review the system to ensure it is meeting the requirements of the organisation.
- We provide prompt clear reports which include step by step guidance to ensure compliance with the regulations.
- We provide a personal service with one contact and one face for the whole project.
- We provide a clear fixed price quotation before the project starts to give you complete control of costs.
- We have more than twenty years experience of projects of this type.
- We have experience across a wide range of industries including, services, manufacturing and construction.
- Clients range from major multinationals and FTSE 100 companies to SMEs of less than 20 employees.
- As part of the HS&E Group of companies we can provide a complete Health, Safety and Environmental Management Service from a single source.
What does it cost?
This depends on the size and complexity of the organisation. For an SME it can be as little as £2000.00. If you are considering implementing an EMS then we are happy to visit, without obligation, and to talk you through the process. Whatever the size of the organisation we are prepared to offer a fixed price quotation so it is clear what the costs will be before you make any commitment.
How long does it take?
Again it depends on the size and complexity of the organisation, but for an SME we can achieve an effective environmental management system in as little as four weeks.
pdenvironmental was established in 2001 by Dr Philip Dare and is based in the Leeds Bradford area of West Yorkshire with good access to Huddersfield, Wakefield, Halifax, South Yorkshire and Greater Manchester.